You'll think you landed Somewhere over the Rainbow when you put on your Dorothy costume for this year's Halloween festivities. We have Dorothy costumes in sizes to fit all trick or treaters and party goers. Whether you're going out by yourself or with the Tin Man, Cowardly Lion, and Scarecrow, you'll have the whole neighborhood following you down the Yellow Brick Road. We don't know if you'll get a heart, brains, courage, or a home, but you'll get lots of second looks and tons of candy
Wouldn't you like to become more powerful? A brand new costume can give you a way to achieve just that. Because Halloween is thought to be a bizarre time of changing bodies, why not beat the magic spells and leap into a outfit? Wouldn't you be extraordinary in a Dorothy Dog ensemble? If you desire originality, some Dorothy Shoes can be a perfect halloween costume to suit your needs. Don't you just adore the entire Wizard of Oz story? It takes me back.....being taken away by the winged monkeys, getting together with the nice witch of the north, and becoming the master of Emerald City. You may like to feel completely amazing once again, and you easily can with these rockin' halloween ensembles. If perhaps you want to win the very best Halloween outfit, you can't fail to remember to personalize. Our company has some Lace Ruffle Ankle Socks, a Doggie Basket Handbag, and some Patent Mary-Jane Shoes.
Did You Know?
- Wizard of Oz: Dorothy is an orphan raised by her Uncle Henry and Aunt Em in the bleak landscape of a Kansas farm. She has a little black dog Toto, who is her sole source of happiness on the dry, gray prairies.
- DIY Costume Idea: The Unibomber - Dress in jeans and a gray hooded sweatshirt. Zip the sweatshirt all the way up and cover your head with the hood. Show off oversized dark sunglasses and a dark curly wig. Optional: carry a small mysterious box.
- DIY Costume Idea: Head in the Clouds - Stick cotton balls all over your hat or visor.
- Historical Costuming: Fur and Jewelry Fur was often used to line the party outfits of the wealthy. Jewelry was lavish, much of it imported and often used as security against loans. Gem cutting was not invented until the fifteenth century, so most stones were not very lustrous.
- DIY Costume Idea: a toddler showing off Bowl of Spaghetti - Choose pure white cotton cloth to make a diaper sufficiently big to go over you. Locate a towel and cut a hole for your head where one side hangs longer than the other so it looks like a bib. Get yourself bald cap and get spray adhesive to fasten cooked spaghetti (colored with food coloring to resemble sauce). Then glue a bowl on top of that. You can also fasten spaghetti to your bib & shirt. You might Accentuate your bib (I used "SPIT HAPPENS").
- DIY Costume Idea: Anchormen - Dress as Ron Burgundy, and so on. From the movie "Anchorman," Everybody should wear 70's business suits, with big lapels, flared pant legs, etcetera.
- DIY Costume Idea: Ant - dress in a black colored sweatsuit. Stuff the tank-top of your trousers, and the top of your shirt to give yourself an ant-shape (cinch the middle). Make extra "legs" by stuffing black colored pantyhose with wire and batting. Secure the legs to your shirt and now "dangle" them from your forearms using fishing line. Make antennae out of wire and stick to a headband.
- DIY Costume Idea: Dancing With The Stars - sport any kind of dancing outfit, and attach cardboard or cardboard stars all over your costume.
- DIY Costume Idea: Abby Sciuto from NCIS - have on jet black pig tails placed on top of eiyour head, a dark, studded choker on your neck, a cute tee (either charcoal or with a child-like theme), a gothic mini skirt, pure white laboratory,white colored thigh-high stockings, platform mary jane shoes or gothic boots, and Don't forget "Caf-Pow", which is the biggest, fountain drink you can snag. Optional: hold a sucker.
- DIY Costume Idea: Bridezilla - Purchase or make a Godzilla costume. Add on veil, bouquet, pearls, etcetera.
- DIY Costume Idea: Angus Young - put on a velour blazer and shorts, white-colored shirt, a loosened tie, plus a schoolboy cap. Take around a guitar.
- Halloween Trivia: During Celtish Halloween, ancestral spirits and demons come forth from sidh (historic piles or barrows of the land) and were totally free to wander the planet, harm plant life, and cause trouble (Bannatyne 1990). The surviving would normally conceal themselves in ghoulish halloween costumes so the ghosts of the dead would believe they were one of their own and go by with out causing problems. The hidden villagers would form parades to steer the ghosts out to the town limits.
We've many hundreds of costumes for both adults and kids for you to select from, in various shapes and themes. Oh, and this week's showcased products are: a Miss Dorothy outfit
and a Dorothy Lipstick
. Hmmmm.....I think I will buy one of these for myself!