Step back in time when you wear one of our 1950s costumes. Whether you decide to dress like Lucille Ball, a typical "greaser", or a character from one of the many popular TV programs, you'll have a great range of 50s costumes from which to choose. You can even makeup your own 1950s costume by simply selecting the appropriate accessories and props like "poodle skirt" or slick leather jacket. Don't forget stylish sunglasses or pompadour wig too!
Life is a journey so why not experience everything life can give and hop into a different existence only one night a year? Any moment is the right time to slip on a costume - be it Hallowe'en, an event, or simply just because you would like to amaze everyone in your neighborhood! Would you appear stylin displaying a The Fonz outfit? Make over yourself with a 50's Hop outfit, or any one of our related, authentic costumes. Exactly what do you wish for in a halloween costume? Do you hope to hide out because of the heat and have a Elegant chassis? Let your mind expand, and select from a Poodle Skirt outfit, to a Paradise Lanes outfit, to a Pumpkin Treat Bucket. Your brand new costume is fantastic, however it isn't until the very last highlights are put on that you will truly fit the part. Don't overlook a Greaser Wig, some Saddle Shoes, and a 50's Chiffon Scarf.
Did You Know?
- The Fifties: 1950s hairstyles stressed classic girl or boy roles.
- DIY Costume Idea: Mobster - dress in a pinstriped suit, spats, pocket watch, zoot suit cain, and a fedora. Carry a fake tommy gun and dress yourself in a shoulder holster. Stick a cigar in your mouth. For girls: put on dramatic make-up with smoky eyes and red lips.
- Costume Making: As soon as possible start saving video screen captures and then any book/magazine reference photos once you embark on your mission. If you can print the pictures out, do so, and keep them in a 3-ring binder for easy reference.
- DIY Costume Idea: Cigarette Girl - sport a tightly fitted black or red spaghetti-strap or strapless dress with a short flouncy skirt. Include stockings, high heel pumps along with a small "bell-hop" hat tilted on your head. Have on your hair in a 50s hair do, with loads of red lip gloss. Hold a little tray glued to a strap about your neck, with cigarettes, gum, cigars, etc.
- DIY Costume Idea: Cannibal and His Dinner - Buy an extra large charcoal plastic cauldron, slice a hole in the bottom plus a slit in the back so that you can slip it around your waist. Affix leaves and twigs to hide your legs, and wear safari clothes. The other person dresses like a cannibal (loin cloth, mock bone through nose, face paint, and so forth.)
- Halloween Trivia: Today adolescents and adults have a tendency to attend a halloween costume party, where best halloween outfit prizes are awarded.
- Halloween Trivia: In England, Guy Fawkes� Day has completely taken the place of Halloween. It's honored on November 5th and is a national celebration.
- DIY Costume Idea: Apple - Find an XXXL scarlet tee and slash off the arms. Hem the bottom of the shirt over a pull-cord allowing you to cinch it shut round your legs. Don the scarlet shirt over white-colored pants together with a long-sleeved light shirt, and afterward stuff the red shirt with newscardboard or other material to create a round shape. Make a couple of foliage out of green felt and fix them at your neck. Next make a stem hat out of brown felt and show off it on your head. Show off whitened gloves and white-colored footwear.
You'll be the life of the party with one of these exceptional outfits. Oh, and this month's showcased products are: a 50's Housewife outfit
and a Pinky Tuscadero ensemble
. You know.....I think I'm going to get one of these for myself!